Control w/ Receiver (OEM) allows you to Play media, Adjust sound,
Control Entertainment Choices, Show Pictures for the Windows XP
Media Center Edition and Windows Vista Ultimate and Home Premium
Fabulous New Media Center Experiences
Faster and Easier Access
Media Center features a fresh design scheme that makes it easier
for you to access your digital media. Menu selections are easier
to read, and backgrounds are animated. The upgrade includes:
• A new font: Text is brighter and easier to read from across
• New menu selections: Recently used and favorite tasks are
but a click away. Submenu selections on the Start menu let you quickly
access your favorite digital entertainment. For example, clicking
My Music displays your most-recently accessed albums.
Simply click Power on the remote control, and you can shut down
your computer or have it stand by.
• Easier setup: The first time you run Media Center, an enhanced
setup wizard helps you configure more options. For instance, you
can optimize Media Center for your connected display, picture quality,
and Internet connection.
• Audio setup: A new feature helps you set up your audio output
for 2 speakers, 5.1 speakers, or 7.1 speakers.
• Watch, pause, and record more live TV shows, including HDTV:
Optionally record up to three3 live TV shows at a time, and play
them whenever you want. This feature works with any setup, from
a basic antenna to cable, digital cable, or satellite.
• Improved recording conflict resolution: You now have more
ways to resolve recording conflicts on Media Center computers with
• Start screen: The My TV main screen now displays recent
and upcoming recordings.
• More information: View information about the program you
are watching, record the show or the series, launch Messenger for
Media Center, or get help simply by pressing the More Info button,
on the remote control.
• Movie Finder4: My TV now offers powerful new ways to find
movies. Browse top-rated movies, new releases, and movies playing
now or in the next hour. Search by genre, cast, director, or other
criterion. You can even get recommendations for movies you might
• Editing album information: Media Center now makes it easy
to edit album details using the remote control. Add or change the
album title, artist name, or genre.
• Music queuing: While browsing your music collection, queue
up songs or albums to play back or to save as playlists.
• Burn a music CD: Easily burn the current playlist to CD.
• More editing features: Crop photos to best position the
subject matter within your pictures.
• Easily import photos: Copy photos to your hard drive directly
from an external media source, such as a digital camera or a USB
• Burn a photo album: From within My Pictures, build a list
of photos and then burn them to CD simply by pressing a button.
Tune into radio stations around the world. Listen to talk shows,
comedy, rock, classical, alternative, jazz, and many more.
• Quickly perform favorite tasks: With your media files all
centrally stored in Media Center, you can easily burn a CD or DVD,
launch Messenger for Media Center, transfer media to a portable
device or to removable media, and more.
• Stay in touch with Messenger and Caller ID: Use a wireless
keyboard or a remote control to chat with friends and family, even
while you use your computer for play or work.
• Compile your favorite media: Assemble your photos, music,
videos, and other media files on CD or DVD, or archive recorded
TV shows on DVD.